I have been journaling for as long as I can remember, and So I am naturally drawn to notebooks and journals or maybe I just need to feed my stationery addiction. I have wanted a copy of this from the first time I laid my eyes on it. Call it love at first sight. Lol! Alhamdulillah! I got myself a copy for Eid. I need to love myself too and what better way than giving me gifts Lol!
The Dua journal focuses on reflection. We need to take account of ourselves more often than we do. It has a how-to guide and each page has 7 sections.
- A du’a – This is written in English. Most of them are from the Qur’an and Sunnah and some are just informal. The point is, they are all relatable.
- I make du’a for… – Here, you are required to fill in something you want. It is a good exercise to remind you to turn to Allah with all that bothers you. we sometimes tend to turn to Allah with what we cannot handle or we tried and failed. Ask Allah for the smallest of your needs.
- I am grateful for… – This could be someone, something, an emotion, a moment, a goal, a mishap, or even an accident. every thing is good for a believer. May Allah make us grateful slaves.
- Today’s happy moments – It is fun to go back and see the positive moments in your day. You can also clearly see how what matters to you changes with time.
- One thing you wish you did a little different today – We should always look to improve. that is the focus of this section. Even if someone else did you wrong, you can see what you could have done differently to avoid certain situations. It makes you self-conscious.⠀
- Today I learned… We should constantly seek to learn something.
- My Iman goal is… – We are all a work in progress. It could be saying your five daily prayers on time, spend 15minutes with the Qur’an, avoid gossiping or swearing, pray the supererogatory prayers e.t.c. It will help with forming habits.
I find that I am able to plan better and focus with improved clarity when I transfer my thoughts to paper. However, I sometimes skip days because, well, Life!
What I love about the Dua Journal
- The dedication – Am I the only one who loves books dedicated to me. No! it does not have to say dedicated to Nana. If I fit the description in the dedication, then Alhamdulillah.
- It is not dated… so no pressure.
- The different duas added… some days it is just the lift you need.
- The no-fuss cover…simply adorable.
- It doesn’t take too long to fill-in.
Question: Do you journal? What are your thoughts on journaling? please let me know in the comments below.
Until next time,